Friday, April 27, 2012

Video card problems (Ati Radeon 9550 in windows 7 and XP)?

My video card stared showing all sorts of artifacts on screen, and the screen seems to receive less power (this is only when I open 3D applications). Also, when the artifacts appear, there is a clicking sound from my audio system.



PS: This started with the new Catalyst display driver back when I used XP. I've changed my OS, and because my Video Card isn't supported in windows 7, i cannot update my drivers.



My specs:

V Card: Ati Radeon 9550

A Card: Sound Max Incorporated systems

And that should be enough.



Help please?|||the Ati Radeon 9550 is a very old video card.you need a newer one.NVIDIA is the way to go.(the way its meant to be played nvidia)ati has alot of problems with there drivers.|||You probably need a different catalyst driver

6.12 is for your 9550



http://www.filehippo.com/download_ati_ca…|||It sounds like:



1) bad drivers,

2) power supply too underpowered, or

3) failing PC|||i would replace your graphics card, as it sounds like its not compatible with the drivers, and i would replace it with a nvidia graphics card, as they are compatible with all their drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment