Thursday, April 26, 2012

NVidia Video card stops Windows 7 from loading up.?

Alright so here's my problem. I've tried this with two different working nvidia video cards. I put it in my PCIe slot and Windows 7 says its a-ok. Then it asks me to restart and I do. However, once I restart and get the Windows logo, the computer does not start up. It just freezes with a black screen. I've tried 2 working cards and I get frozen on the Windows logo.



So this happens in this order:



1. Put in video card

2. Windows 7 loads up and installs default driver.

3. I put in CD and install manufacturer's drivers.

4. I restart computer as part of the driver installation process.

5. Computer freezes after the windows logo disappears.



I have a power supply enough to handle the cards. The card is an nvidia 8400 gs. The computer is as follows:



eMachines T3524

OS: Windows 7

RAM: 2gigs





Thanking you in advance|||All I can think of is that you need to disable your other card which I am guessing is integrated.|||Wow you have a deep problem



The first thing I think you should try



Unplug the graphics card, and run as a regular set up and if it does not boot than your system might have an issue and you might to either scrap your pc or change your Hard Drive



If the regular set up works, then go back to the place you bought the card and call either for return or rma and that should have them fix the issue



I know what your going through it sucks but once the graphics card is fixed you should be fine|||If you can’t find the right drivers manually I would recommend just getting a software program that can do it for you. There is a program I use which will find drivers for just about all hardware devices. The best part is it takes a snapshot of your system specifications and matches the right driver to go with it. Perform a free driver scan at:

http://www.best-driver-updater.com/

Also, you can get the driver from their official sites:

http://www.nVidia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment