Thursday, April 26, 2012

New video card (radeon 2600 pro HD) not working on Windows 7?

Ok, so I bought the game call of duty modern warfare 2. I installed it and tried to run it, it told me I need pixel shader 3.0. So I bought a new graphic card, the ATI Radeon 2600 pro HD. I have a dual boot, one is windows 7 and the other is windows XP. I uninstalled the old video card on both of them and installed the new video card driver. I ran call of duty on windows xp and there were no problems what so ever on it. But windows XP is too slow and way too loaded and makes bad gameplay, so I tried to run it in windows 7. When I turned on windows 7 it gave me an error telling me something about ati catalyst. So I reinstalled it. And the next time I booted up windows 7 it gave me no error. But when I load the game, it tells me that I need pixel shaders 3.0, the same problem I had with my old video card. Even though I have 4.0 pixel shader now. This only happens on the windows 7 one. And yes I uninstalled the old video card. Any help?|||Ati Radeon HD2600 only has capabilities for pixel shader 4.0 on earlier editions of windows (XP or Vista) windows can only run ATI Radeon HD3200 or greater

Comparison



Ati Radeon HD2600 GPU (32mb)

Ati Radeon HD3200 GPU (64mb)

No comments:

Post a Comment