Friday, April 27, 2012

Video card or windows 7 issue?

System requirements lab said I have 3.7 gb of video ram, and it said you have gtx 285 and it didn't say you have two gtx 285 and in my nvidia control panel it said this...

under components it said gtx 285 twice.

then in details it said...

total available graphics... 3835 mb

dedicated video memory... 1024 mb

shared system memory... 2811 mb

here are my system specs

Ikonok 1200w psu

Asus p6t deluxe v2 m.b.

core i7 920

2 x evga gtx 285 @ 1gig a piece in sli

6 gigs corsair ddr3 tri ch. ram

windows 7 (build 7100)

Shouldn't my dedicated video mem. in my nvidia panel read 2048 mb?

And sometimes when starting c.o.d. 5 it tells me my computer has changed do you want to change your settings? And when I play trackmania on line it scans my system and tells me it cant detect my video and may not be able to play. but it plays fine.

I have the latest drivers. I have tried one card at a time and everything I can think of. Something is wrong and I don't know what.

Got any idea's?|||This is kind of obvious and simple but did you try detecting your hardware again using windows? when i first built my PC i was getting improper reads on everything. my quad core wasnt a quad core, my gtx 275 sli was only a single 275, i had 2 gb of ram showing out of 8. Then i just hit detect new hardware and refreshed it all, swept the drivers using driver sweeper. resintalled them and updated bios and it started working like a dream (Vista though)

No comments:

Post a Comment