Friday, April 27, 2012

Unable to install Realtek AC'97 driver (Windows 7 Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 VIA k8T890 chipset onboard audio)?

Hi, hopefully you can help me.



I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 with VIA k8T890 chipset, onboard audio is Realtek AC'97.



I had to dig around for a Realtek AC'97 audio driver for Windows 7 (gigabyte have not updated their hosted driver since 2005), but I was able to find a driver, which was installed successfully. I had working onboard sound.



Long story short my partition table corrupted and I've had to reinstall Windows 7. After some problems with digital signture verifications, I am now finding that my on-board audio remains undetected. Installing the drivers does not help as Windows just does not recognise the device. I've tried numerous different driver versions but though they all install correctly, the device is still not recognised.



Windows does recognise the HDMI output of my video card, but not the onboard sound.



If anyone has any ideas that may assist me, please let me know



Thanks.|||If you can’t find the right Realtek drivers manually I would recommend just getting a software program that can do it for you. There is a program I use which will find drivers for just about all hardware devices. The best part is it takes a snapshot of your system specifications and matches the right driver to go with it. Perform a free driver scan at:

http://www.best-driver-updater.com

Also, you can get the driver from their official sites:

http://www.realtek.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment