Friday, May 4, 2012

Windows 7 driver for nvidia 9600m gt video card?

I have a Sony VGNAW125J with a 9600M GT nvidia card. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit...



The adapter shows a generic PnP driver installed, and when I install the latest drivers from Nvidia, the 186.81 driver, only the HD audio driver installs, no video!



I heard of Forceware for drivers that are used for desktops, they can be used for notebooks, but I have not had any luck.



Thanks for your help|||You can probably only use Sony approved drivers that have been optimized for your machine. I had the same problem as you on my ASUS laptop (130m GT). It won't allow you to install generic drivers (Nvidia site)



Your best bet is to get the newest driver for your model & OS from the Sony site|||Run Windows Update it will find the driver

No comments:

Post a Comment